2009年3月20日 星期五

Like father, like son…. is something I don’t want to happen

Recently, I have become more like my father.

My father has the tendency of involving into an argument. As soon as he notices something unreasonable, the bell of heated debate rings. He would say he has no idea or he doesn’t know for things or topics he isn’t familiar with, but he could also argue with it for a long time, without accepting other people’s reasons or possible alternative. Sadly sometimes, his closing argument is “I don’t know.” Yet, it’s hard to convince him to accept other alternatives.

Certainly, you can figure out that most of this argument leads to nowhere by now, simply because most conclusions are made out of speculations. No one. None of us would bother to find out concrete proof to back up our opinion. So this conversation could be a method to bond us together, and a method to break us apart.

Unfortunately, like what I have said earlier, I have become more like my father. In a friendly chat, I used to not care other people’s words. It was a chat, a daily conservation, an i-do-not-care-what-this-is-about-but-nothing-better-to-do gathering. However, I start to get crossed by some friends’ stories, such as struck by golf ball, luxury nightlife, or uncommon accident. They were just people who I barely meet once a year. I shouldn’t even bother to pay attention. In a party, I should find my own spot and chat with people I like to listen to.

But, no, I got crossed and had to suppress my eager and temper not to argue with them. No matter how stupid, how phony, or how their own words conflict with each other, I used to not care. So now, I have to express my feelings on a monitor. How stupid, because I could think of this on different view. I could just argue with them, all of them, because I might not even meet them for another year and they might not have anything to do with my future. They are people I don’t need to care for. For what I should hold back for people I don’t really care about.

Hmm… A good alternatives to try. See if I can argue with them next time.

沒有留言:

張貼留言